Bollywood fashion has evolved majorly in the last few years and let’s take a look few of the ace designers in Bollywood at the moment.
5. Pernia Qureshi: Majority of you people will not be aware of this name, so let me enlighten you guys by telling this, that Pernia is a very well known fashion stylist and a costume designer. She has extensively worked with the best of the magazines like Elle and Harper’s Bazaar and with top Indian Designers. After successfully making a mark for herself in the Fashion World, she made her Bollywood Debut with Sonam Kapoor starrer AISHA. Aisha was a film which was talked more about for the style quotient and less for the script or the performances. Pernia’s styling for Sonam as the high class Delhi girl was bang-on and she was seen sporting the best of outfits from international designers. Aisha was India’s answer to ‘Sex and the City’, in terms of styling. Let us face it, her contribution in establishing Sonam as the Fashion Diva of Bollywood is immense with this film. She also styled Sonam’s look for Thank you. Here’s wishing to see more of her work in Bollywood.
My Favorite Pernia Look: Sonam in Pink Vintage Christian Lacroix Dress
4. Neeta Lulla: Neeta Lulla has been in the Fashion Industry for years now. Her body of work is huge and commendable. Known largely for her Indian Designs, Neeta has designed looks for a lot of leading actresses. But her work with Aishwariya Rai has been the most commendable so far. She made Aishwariya look oh so gorgeous in films like Taal, Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam (HDDCS), Devdas and Jhodha Akhbar. From the gorgeous sarees in Devdas to beautiful ghagra cholis in HDDCS to breathtakingly gorgeous outfits in Jhodha Akbar, Neeta always came out as a winner. She has been awarded with 3 National Awards so far for the films Lamhe, Devdas and Jhodha Akbar.
My Favorite Neeta Look: Aishwariya in this yellow lehenga and dupatta
3. Sabyasachi Mukherjee: One of the most talented designers of our generation, Sabya made his bollywood Debut by styling Rani’s look as a physically challenged girl in BLACK and got awarded with a National Award for the same film. Sabya is not like the other regular designers. His clothes have unusual cuts and lengths and still they are so appealing. He has made Rani look amazing in Baabul, Lagaa Chunari Mein Daag & No one Killed Jessica; Vidya Balan in Paa & No one killed Jessica and Aishwariya Rai in Raavan. He helped Vidya redeem herself after her series of Fashion Blunders and gave her a new look with all his gorgeous sarees.
My Favorite Sabyasachi Look: Rani’s Look in Black
2. Aki Narula: Bollywood is all about glamour and no one knows it better than Aki. He has churned out some of the most glamorous looks in recent times. He made his Bollywood debut wid Bunty Aur Babli and Rani’s look in the film (the kurtis with collar and salwars) became a rage and women from 14 to 40 were seen sporting them. He also made Kareena look super sexy in films like Tashan, Kurbaan and Kambakht Ishq and who can forget her impeccable styling for Katrina in that half saree for the song ‘Sheila ki Jawani’ and Bipasha’s ‘Lucky Boy’ from Bachna Ae Haseeno’.
My Favorite Aki Look: Kareena in DIl haara from Tashan
1. Manish Malhotra: No prizes for guessing, Manish Malhotra is the best stylist bollywood has ever seen. His work has been life saving for so many actresses. From Sridevi to madhuri, from Juhi to Karisma, from Rani to Preity, from Kareena to Priyanka and from Deepika to Sonam, he has made them all look their gorgeous best. His best work includes styling for films like Rangeela, Kuch Kuch Hota Hai, Raja Hindustani, Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Gham, Jab We Met and Dostana.
My Favorite Manish Look: Kareena in Bole Chudiya from K3G.
The other Prominent ones are Rocky S (New York) , Vikram Phadnis (Salaam e ishq, Mujhse Shaadi Karoge) and Anaita Shroff Adajania (Dhoom2, Race)
Who is your favorite Bollywood designer and his/her work that impressed you the most??